Happy New Year – 2016
January 1, 2016 • • in News
No doubt the year 2015 has come to its climax and now is the right time for reflection and recommitment to our special calling. With this in mind, I want to wish all of God’s people and their families at this special time “of a new beginnings”- the commencement of a New Year all the best for 2016. During this year, we seek to explore great things for God in our territory – the Saint Lucia Mission.
SALUTATIONS: Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, ‘that I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a king shall reign and prosper, and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth’ (Jeremiah 23:5, NKJV).
This being said, allow me to gently remind you of three (3) items from the Mission’s Calendar and four (4) ideas worth keeping in mind through 2016:
The Saint Lucia Mission National convention 2016 is scheduled for February 27, 2016. (The venue to be announced subsequently.) This is a time when we all come together to worship as a Mission family. Remember also, the following events commencing in January:
1. Mission constituency Meeting on January 31, 2016. The venue and time to be announced soon;
2. ADRA & Communication Seminar on March 26, 2016;
3. Prayz FM Prayzathon in March 2016.
I am quite sure that some of us, if not all, have made New Year’s resolutions for 2016. You can still do so if you haven’t, and now is as good a time as any to make some positive decisions for your life. Here’re a few ideas I am recommending —
1. As we have just commenced the New Year, we ought to resolve spending quality time on our own for our personal worship.
2. Be like Jesus the Son of God. You have to be intentional about making each day of your life positive and uplifting to those you interact with. Never bully or tear people down. Instead, look for opportunities to build them up, smile with people as you interface with them, be the kind of person who brings joy to their immediate environment.
3. Gard what goes “in” to you! I am not just talking about eating good and healthy food that will strengthen our bodies, but I am also talking about being careful about what we expose our eyes and brain to. I am referring to books, videos games, movies, TV, music, and much more. There are individuals in the world that have been placed in positions of being role models to young people even though their examples are terrible – leaving much to be desired.
4. It’s hard to ignore that we will probably increase our “connectedness” in social networking in 2016 in one form or another. In that regard, my council would be for us all to be Godly in what we do and say. Use this platform in a way to bring GOD honor and glory. I am not saying we all need to be preachers. To the contrary, I am suggesting that we use this setting to set examples of how to properly conduct ourselves as Christians in a way that will honor and glorify God, the creator of the universe
In conclusion, I am wishing you an abundance of good fortune in Him, joy and prosperity for the year 2016. Let us remember to have the right attitude of readiness for the imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who will soon take us home with Him. I am looking forward to it. What about you?
Have a Happy New Year, in Christ!
Donavan M J. Rene’
Communication & ADRA Director