Vacant Principal Position
February 24, 2017 • • in News
St. Lucia Seventh-Day Adventist Academy: Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position of principal at the St. Lucia SDA Academy for the 2017/2018 Academic year.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the spiritual leader for the school
- Provide leadership in the improvement of the educational programme
- Maintain order and discipline according to Christian standards
- Implement the administrative policies of the executive committee and board of management
- Conduct training for teachers
- Operate the school within the approved budget – ensuring that mechanisms are in place for efficient financial management.
- Cast a vision for the school and give leadership on the development and implementation of a strategic plan
Qualification and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Education Leadership or related field or a Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years of teaching experience
- Must be teacher trained
- Administrative experience will be an asset
- SDA certification or committed to be SDA certified
- Excellent knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Education system
- Teaching experience in the Seventh-day Adventist system will be an asset
- Be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in regular standing
- Excellent physical health as verified by a doctor’s report or medical certificate.
- Must be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist church to include SDA education and give witness to these values in his/her Professional and Christian life.
- Excellent inter and intra personal skills.
- Be an energetic person who can keep up with the students and the rapid pace of school environment
- Able to motivate and inspire students, teachers and parents
All applications must include a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, two (2) written recommendations (including one from your church Pastor) and certified copies of relevant academic qualifications and contact number(s).
To apply, please send all documents to the address below by March 31, 2017.
Pastor Roger Stephen
St. Lucia Mission
P.O. Box GM 912
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org